Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Friends

I have been thinking about the different kinds of friends I have in my life. And I have come to realize I am very blessed. I have a wide variety of friendships and they all offer different and special connections that brighten my life in so many ways.


I have acquaintances like the girls at my coffee stand, whom I love to chat with every time I go through which is usually daily. They are on that cusp that I would definitely call them friends but we don't hang out anywhere else. Just hasn't happened it seems. Same goes for my hair stylists, love them both they are amazing people and we connect in a few different ways. Not just the saloon but on Facebook as well. I am sure I could list quite a few different people here who I chat with on a semi-regular basis who have a pretty intimate knowledge of my life. And of course my WOW friends! They make playing the game even more fun!

Then there are my online friends and they are awesome. These run the gambit with so many different social networking sites to be had these days. I have my Facebook friends that range from Family members to classmates from High school. Closer to some than others but again wouldn't add anyone to my list that I wouldn't want to have a decent conversation with. I have found many of them to be very supportive and encouraging through different circumstances.

The other site I have is my CafeMom. Here again it runs to extremes I have people on this site that I have never met and will never meet, but they have become friends of a sort. Either through a group designed to support each other for a similar situation, like my Fibromyalgia group. Or just a group that has common interests like my World of Warcraft Mom's group, who happen to live all over the country. Then there is Let's Play Seattle, a group that was set up to get kids in the area together for play dates and to give us Mom's someone to chat with while this happens.

This group has brought me both casual and some really special friends. I have been very fortunate having only moved to this area 5 and a 1/2 years ago to meet some really great women through this group. One of the women that I have become close to is the creator of the group. An amazing woman who happens to have a lot in common with me. We hit it off and are really great friends now. She is one that has moved into that category of lifelong friends, or at least those you hope will be!

Speaking of those lifelong friends, I do have a few of those. In that department I am very lucky. I have some from high school and some that I have just recently met. The people who come to be in that group of my nearest and dearest friends are the ones who support me and are really there for me. We may not always see eye to eye, but that's not what being friends is about. There seems to be that connection of understanding when you find a friend like this. It is an awesome thing to have in your life.

So I just wanted to take this time to say Thank you to all those I consider friends. You mean a lot to me, and appreciate you for all that you do, all that you are, and for how special you are to me. I am so very lucky to have friends like you in my life. Especially now when things seem so very difficult sometimes. I am lucky to have you and can never repay the times you talk to me, help me, just listen, make me laugh, or give me a shoulder to cry on. You are the best and I am thankful to have met each and every one of you.

I love you all! ~ Mindy

1 comment:

  1. Quoting you~"She is one that has moved into that category of lifelong friends, or at least those you hope will be!"

    My sweet friend this is a defiant for me :o) Your stuck with me, deal with it!!! Lol
    Julie

    ReplyDelete